3.09.2008

Bye Bye Birdie...



What is it about birds and nests and eggs that we never seem to tire of? Birds appear in all kinds of art: altered art, collage, paintings, sculpture...you name it. I love looking at it all. I was just browsing a Yahoo group where they are making Bird "Inchies". They were all stunning. Show me a little bird perched on a branch, all ruffled up and I melt. That's why I think I so enjoyed participating in this last swap, The Sweet Little Nest Swap. It was almost like therapy to decorate and alter a little nest. Of course, I added a sparkly white princess birdie.

If you want, you can go to the Flickr group and see many more sweet little nests...all so different, all so utterly adorable and all of them eye-candy.

My bird is gone now, on her way to my partner...it's a little lonely without that birdie in my living room. Why, I do believe I'm kinda havin' - empty nest syndrome!

The fabulous Teresa McFayden has done it again. For the fourth month in a row, she has put together a terrific e-zine filled with the most endearing projects, complete with detailed step-by-step picture instructions, give-aways and swaps. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the month of March I'll be able to log into the e-zine and get my fill of inspiration. In the past months I've only done a couple of the projects, but I'm going to do more of the projects for March actually in the month of March. Ha! Yeah right!!!

3 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Michele what a gorgeous bird nest.
Alison

Unknown said...

Michele -
I was the very lucky recipient of your spring sparkle (Spring Soiree Swap). I'm thrilled with my new piece of art!! Thanks so much.

Just a little coincidence -- the main focus of my collage was lily of the valley too! I was sad to let mine go and so happy to see I got lilies back!!

Hope you are as happy with your swap as I am with mine!!

All the best,
Kathi Kirchmeier
http://kathikirchmeier.typepad.com/

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Love your little bird!
I'm glad you liked the bunny for the Hippity Hop Swap. It was a fun swap to do.
I enjoyed my quick tour of your little piece of Blog-land. :)